Skip to content

How to Pay Zero Taxes as a Non-Resident with a Wyoming LLC

October 18, 20224 minute read
Pay Zero Taxes as a Non-Resident
Pay Zero Taxes as a Non-Resident
Pay Zero Taxes as a Non-Resident

Do you wish to create a business in the United States but are unsure how to pay no taxes as a non-resident with a Wyoming LLC? Yes, we understand that taxes are one of the most important worries people have when beginning a business.

Don’t worry, we are always willing to assist in the establishment of new businesses in the United States. It appears to be complicated at first, but it is actually rather simple.

Choosing the right type of entity for your business.

Wyoming business entities are legal structures that can be utilized to run a corporation, partnership, or sole proprietorship. A limited liability company (LLC) separates the members’ personal assets from the firm’s commercial debts and responsibilities. A C Corporation is a shareholder-owned entity that is subject to double taxes on any income made by the corporation.

Foreign owners of Wyoming or Delaware will only pay taxes if one of the following conditions applies

  • You are a citizen of the United States. Your company has full-time employees in the United States.
  • Your company owns or rents property in the United States.
  • You spend more than six months in the country each year.

Which of the following statements best describes you? If not, forming a US LLC will almost certainly result in you paying no income tax in the US.

It’s worth noting that none of the preceding claims refer to having customers in the United States. What matters is where you deliver the services, not to whom you provide them.

Even if you have no tax liability, you must file a basic tax declaration with the IRS by April 15th of each year. Reading about the procedure will teach you more about it!

Why form a company in Wyoming?

Wyoming is the most common and least expensive state to incorporate in. Wyoming is also highly convenient for entrepreneurs and offers exceptional privacy protection.

I am the sole owner of a U.S. LLC, a non-resident of the United States, and my company provides remote services. Is it necessary for me to file a tax return and pay income tax?

Because the LLC performs services remotely, no income is linked with the United States because the LLC’s owner is not physically present in the United States. This implies that, aside from the annual registration fee in the state of LLC registration, the LLC owes no US tax and is not required to file income tax. Keep in mind, however, that even if you do not generate your money in the United States, you may be taxed in your native country.

What if the LLC has multiple owners?

Even if it has no income, any LLC with more than one owner (partnership, S or C Corporation) must file a federal tax return.

What if my company is a corporation, not an LLC?

A corporation files its tax return and pays its tax liability since it is a separate tax entity from its owners. Money cannot be freely exchanged between the corporation and its owners or shareholders. The corporation can reimburse the owners for business expenses, and the corporation can reimburse the owners for services done to the corporation. Dividends are the exclusive means by which shareholders can profit from the firm.

Even though LLCs do not pay income taxes, it is always a good idea to consult with your CPA to see whether the state of registration has any filing requirements for the LLC.

Disclaimer: EasyFiling is a document filing service. We are neither a law nor accounting business and therefore cannot provide individual legal or accounting advice. Our website only offers general information and does not offer legal or accounting advice. Our Terms of Service and Privacy Policy govern how you use the website.


You may also like to read

All you need to know to launch, run, and scale your company


EasyFiling Newsletter

Stay informed about the latest regulations, best practices, and industry trends in financial filing.

    By subscribing you agree to our Privacy Policy.